10 Step Guide to Prepare for NIFT / NID
AFS has been preparing students for the Entrance Exams of all the leading Design & Fashion Insts.viz., NID, NIFT, etc. in India since 1993 with repeated resounding success each year. .Preparation involves Classes in Drawing & Design by NIFT, NID & Coll. of Art alumni, English, Maths, Logical Reasoning& GK Classes under experienced AFS faculty, Class Tests, Last years Papers Discussions, Mock Test Series, Design Orientation Lectures by Designers from various streams, Situation Test /GD & Interview Training and Portfolio Compilation.
10 AFS TIPS TO PREPARE FOR ENTRANCE TO TOP DESIGN INSTS
THE WRITTEN TEST-ENT. PHASE-I
CREATIVE ABILITY TEST (CAT) NIFT/NID/PEARL etc.
The CAT paper tests your “skill, power of observation, innovation and design ability….usage of colour and illustration”
- Acquire basic skills in DRAWING & COLOURING.
- DESIGN is different from Drawing. Understand the language of Lines, Textures, Patterns, Movement, Colour. Develop a keen Eye for proportion and scale.
GENERAL ABILITY TEST (GAT) NIFT/PEARL etc.
- 3. QUANTITATIVE ABILITY MATHS – Class X level Maths for UG & PG MGMT Course is required. For Technology UG/PG Class XII Maths required. PRACTICE DAILY.
- 4.COMMUNICATION ABILITY BUILD YOUR VOCABULARY & PRACTICE GRAMMER.
- 5.ENGLISH COMPREHENSION
- 6.ANALYTICAL REASONING. PRACTICE VERBAL AND NON-VERBAL REASONING EXS.
- 7.BUISNESS DOMAIN TEST. This test checks your knowledge about. basic GK+Current Affairs. Also, knowledge of Fabrics, traditional handicrafts, needle crafts Traditional Costumes,-Basic Terminology of Art and Fashion, Fashion Brands, Fashion & Design Industry News.
ENT. EXAMS PHASE II-
After being shortlisted in the Written EXAM, you will have to appear for..
- 8.THE SITUATION /STUDIO TEST ( for Design Courses) Working with materials to make 3-D structures on given themes.
- 9. PORTFOLIO REVIEW & INTERVIEW (For Design Courses).At All Fashion & Design Insets. except NIFT.
- 10. GROUP DISCUSSION for Management & Technology (PG)Students. Join AFS Written Exam, Portfolio & GDPI Classes.